Waxing and Sugaring
- Lightly exfoliate the are that is going to be treated (avoid exfoliating roughly as this can cause skin to be compromised).
- Trim unruly hairs. These services can be uncomfortable if you hair is too long.
- Discontinue use of topical creams and chemical exfoliating agents 72 hours prior to any waxing or sugaring service. This includes any type of prescription acne medication.
- Avoid natural or artificial sun exposure 24 hours prior to any waxing or sugaring service.
- We encourage exercising before your appointment to prevent breakouts.
- Avoid natural or artificial sun exposure for 24 hours.
- Avoid use of topical creams and any exfoliating agents for 24 hours. This includes any type of prescription acne medication.
- Avoid exercise or activities that will make you make sweat for 12 hours to prevent breakouts.
- Avoid the use of hot tubs for 12+ hours.
- Avoid fragrances in all types of products for 12 hours.
- We encourage exfoliation 48 hours after service three times a week to prevent ingrown hairs and maximize the minimize hair growth.
Every 4 - 6 weeks.
Sugaring v. Waxing
Thinking about sugaring?
Sugaring is an ancient form of hair removal that is molded onto the skin to remove unwanted hair. It is made up of sugar, water, and lemon to create a honey-like texture. The sugar paste is placed on your skin and then flicked off to create a smooth surface.
- Fewer ingrown hairs. This is because the sugaring method goes with the growth of hair unlike waxing which goes against the growth of hair.
- All natural. Only natural ingredients make up the sugar paste, and the brand we carry is organic!
- Leads to permanency. Over time your hair growth will be minimized.